Mugs - A Reasonably Priced Fun Collectible!

Shop any thrift store or visit any garage sale and you're sure to find coffee mugs! On an outing to my local thrift stores yesterday, there were so many mugs for sale that there was no way I could look at all of them. My shopping method is to quickly scan the shelves, looking for heavier pottery mugs (these are often vintage), unique colors and pictures, and anything that looks promotional (especially cartoon characters). Just holding one will often give a clue as to it's age. Newer mugs are usually not as heavy as the older ones. I usually stay away from any that are made in China or Taiwan. And I'm not too interested in those souvenir mugs that can be purchased at any vacation gift shop. Here's some of my recent purchases, all in great condition.

Comments