Pre-Christmas House Cleaning???

This past week has been an exciting week at the thrift stores. I've found so many wonderful items, people must be cleaning out before the holidays arrive! New items seem to arrive daily. My inventory keeps growing, but I keep buying... just can't miss out on a great deal.



I picked up this Westbend bean pot about a week ago. Perfect condition with a metal lid and bakelite handle. Two days ago I found the hot plate that goes with it! This is staying with me.. at least for the time being!


This set of porcelain Beautiful Boxers mugs is from the Danbury Mint. The were originally sold in a set of six, but these particular portraits are extremely difficult to find. Appear to be new, and each mug has a small picture of the accompanying dog inside the mug!

And speaking of mugs, how about this 6 piece collection of new Pfaltzgraff Rio patterned mugs!


I also found Pfaltzgraff saucers that I've been looking for to match my Yorktowne and Village patterned teacups, Firestone mugs and handled peach luster bowls, a Julie Child autobiography,  an Anchor Hocking milk glass vase, Monmouth brown drip pottery, miscellaneous collectible mugs, and my best find - a 50th anniversary Fiesta Ware water pitcher and four cups in mint condition! And lets not forget the fun stuff - a 1991 Campbell's Soup can tree ornament! I could go on and on, but I'll leave that for another day.

So put your Christmas shopping on hold and visit your local thrift stores! Better yet, do your shopping there.. you can find some fantastic bargains at this time of the year.


Comments