Give the Dog a Healthy Bone

I've developed a new recipe for dog cookies using two healthy ingredients for dogs, just as they are for people! Many of you have heard of the health benefits of almonds and flax, so I combined them into a delicious treat. These crunchy cookies smell and taste wonderful. I taste all my biscuits and these are one of my favorites. The ingredients include almond meal, flaxseed meal, whole wheat flour, and molasses. Almonds are high in protein and lower in carbs than regular flour, and contain vitamin E which promotes healthy skin.  Flaxseed contains omega-3 fatty acids. It may help to fight inflammatory disease, heart disease, cancer, and allergies. It can also improve the texture of dry or dull coats. The high fiber content benefits colon health.

If you're in to baking, try adding one or both of these ingredients to your biscuits, and give your dog a healthy bone.