New Vintage Finds

 
 
I found this beautiful mint water pitcher today in my favorite thrift store. It was stuck with the cheap glass vases, filled with some tacky artificial flowers, and marked Wallace China, Los Angeles. I never heard of Wallace China until today, but since it was made in California, I figured it was something special. I left the flowers, but bought the pitcher. There wasn't too much info on the web, but my research found that Wallace China was started in 1934 by Wallace Wood and son. They specialized in restaurant ware and in the 1940's they produced the highly collectible Westward Ho line. The company was bought out by Shenango China in 1959 and liquidated in 1964. I'm so happy I didn't pass up this beautiful pitcher.

I also picked up a green vintage Tupperware salt and pepper shaker set, and a Pyrex gold butterfly oval casserole lid. I always purchase the Pyrex patterned lids, even if I don't have the base. I know that either I or someone else will eventually need a special lid, and they're much more difficult to find than the dishes.

Comments