A Pfaltzgraff Yorktowne Mystery

About a year ago I found this piece at my local thrift store haunt.

http://www.bonanza.com/listings/Pfaltzgraff-Anniversary-Yorktowne-Jam-Pot-Jelly-Server/125109747

When I purchased this item I didn't even know if it was Pfaltzgraff.  It has no makers mark, which is usually found on all Pfaltzgraff. I bought it because I had never seen this pattern before, and I knew it wasn't the regular Yorktown jam pot.

 
 
I searched and searched for a similar piece with no luck. Now jump ahead one year... It was time to give it another try. I finally learned the pattern is Pfaltzgraff, Blue Floral, 35th anniversary edition from 2002. But I still couldn't find the piece. Finally, I found the base only for sale, and it was called a dessert bowl! Now I know that isn't true, since I have the cover. I'm very excited that no one else seems to have this piece in their collection.. and if they do, they're not telling!
 
See this piece on Bonanza

Comments